Chennai -83, India June 8th, 2015: Helen Keller had stated that while blindness separates people from things, deafness separates people from people. Sharon Systems, a Chennai based company has designed and developed a Tactile system that would cure this malady.
Rhema, as the system is aptly named, converts speech to a “touch to feel” tactile impression, based on a phonetic algorithm designed by them. On seeing the product demonstrated at his school a very impressed Mr. W. James Albert, Head Master of the CSI School for the hearing impaired said, “Rhema is an innovative solution to help the Disabled Children, enabling them to learn and communicate easily”
Tactile communication is not new to Tamilnadu. From ancient times and even today, cattle sales are done through this “touch to feel” method in the rural areas commented Mr. Samuel Martyn Consultant at Sharon Systems. We have worked on this system for 4 years to get it right without any external financial or technical aid. The reason for this is to keep the prices down so that the very purpose of the system would reach the poor and needy without much effort.
Priced at Rs.30,000 per user, it comes with a wearable belt, power supply, Tab PC and 3 different software. Moreover we have decided to give this system as open source so that anyone anywhere in the world can make or assemble it, he continued.
Being a phonetic based solution, it is not language dependent. As they have used the language corpus provided free by Carnegie Mellon University & Wall Street Journal. They have also added about 1000 Tamil words to it. It is expected that socially conscious enthusiasts would contribute to this effort by adding words in their own languages to help their disabled nationals.
Times are changing and so is life for everyone. But for the 416 million with this disability, they can expect soon to be connected with all people for a new beginning.
For more details please contact:
60/4 11th Avenue, Ashok Nagar,
Sharon System invites investor or partners who are keen to develop, test, promote and market the tactile system that would help millions of disabled persons around the world.
Being a system that is language independent and user friendly it would be easy to adapt to any language and train anyone easily and quickly.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Mark Zuckerberg and the current lot of 20-something CEOs are ruining it for people like us who’re facing a mid-life crisis. This info-graphic gets back at those young pricks and proves why it’s never too late to start your own venture. – more
The Rhema Speech to Speech software will work for anyone with any type of ability to make an audio with or without the ability to enunciate consonants, full words etc. One system will work for one person only. That persons audio will be translated as a word and played back. So each person will have their own system that could be used to communicate with others over phone or directly.
We have made two videos to show you how it works, one for recording and one for playback. Please click on the corresponding links to view the videos below.
For more information please write to email@example.com
rhemasts record http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1375442018
1. Add word in the Name Field
2. Select option for the word text to speech or call phone or both
3. Click add to select a corresponding image for the word as a jpeg file
4. Click the add button to add the word and image to the system
5. click on record to record the relevant voice sound. It need not be a normally recognizable phnetic audio.
6. click the record button will change to stop and when the audio is over, press to stop
7. Continue steps 5 and 6 to add more samples for the same word. 10 times will be a a good sampling given the possibility of difference in sound from the same person.
8. Add any number of words to the system by following steps 1 to 7
9. When the process is completed press the train button. The system will automatically train all the words and audio recorded into the system. NOw you are ready to play.
rhemasts play http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1375442520
1. This is how it will be displayed for the user on the pc monitor or tablet/smart phone screen
2. Click the start button and produce the audio and press stop button
3. The system will retrieve the tagged word and display as shown.
4. By touching the image it will activate the programed sequence, such as dialling a number and passing the related word as voice. If it is text to speech option, then the audio for the text will be played through the speaker.